No, these are not my new year creations. These are last years disasters. It is a sad story. Just before Christmas, I wanted to make a couple of little mask face dolls. I bought some buckrum, moulded it onto the doll heads I had, and waited patiently for it all to dry.
Red Haired Girl .
Well............. the glued paper did not just stiffen the mask, it added a bulky, lumpy, bumpy change to the smooth surface of the mask. One mask was so badly affected I prised the decoupage off and ended up with a shapeless stretched out piece of buckram. Not happy.
And I had started on the bodies and all....................... So then Christmas came and all that socialising, and family and friends, and then New Year and all that socialising and family and friends. But, I know I have to try again to make these dollies. So in the next few days, I will need to go into my studio and pull out all those bits I had started on, and try, try again...........