Pages

Monday, August 27, 2018

I made a Waldorf Doll!

Yes I know..............I keep chopping and changing and trying new things and it seems I am not really finishing anything.  Well that is sort of true.  Lately when I have a couple of spare hours I will work on a bear or a mask face or clothing or shoes, or knitting doll socks.  I am all over the place.
But it is happening again, I am busy working (bookkeeping) and have less time to create dolls. 
That is okay with me for now, because I will always be able to fall back into creating.  It will always be with me.  I have always been this way.
So the latest challenge I decided to attempt has been to make a sweet faced waldorf doll.  There are some amazing artists out there making this captivating style of doll.  I accidently discovered Fig and Me and Lali dolls and Little Dollhouse (that has youtube tutorials). 
If you Google Waldorf dolls you will find so many pictures and some history about why the dolls are made in this way and how to make them.
I just think they have the sweetest innocent faces with so much expression.
So here is my first attempt, made with a pattern from Lali Dolls.  Given time, I would like to make a few more................



I must say, I was not really happy with this face.  Her chin was too heavy and her eyes were not quite right.



So I gave her a sulky lip, did another layer of satin stitch on her eyes and another lash, and some freckles.  Now she is much improved.




The thing is, her hair will not be this Angora.  I will be using a red wool to keep her more true to the waldorf style.

I believe the Bamboletta dolls are more  like the original Waldorfs. 

I have needle sculpted the face under the cotton jersey skin to enhance the features.

I will take some progress pictues for my next one.  However, I should finish this girl first.  I have knitted her some socks.......


No comments: