Today I had some time to review my photos of the work I had completed on my Glorex dolls
I have not had time to work on them for the last few weeks, I did get to the dressing stage but my hair choice sort of stopped me in my tracks.
The doll with the mit hands is from the kit I purchased earlier this year. The doll with the fingered hand is the one I have created by forming my own mask face. I am very happy with the result, but I neglected to add to the top lip to give it more fullness when I laid the paperclay over the form. I added to the nose, but not to the lips, I will remember to do this next time as she looks like she needs dentures!
I love the look of the Mimi Kirchener dolls, they have messy hair and unusual clothing and very expressive faces. She makes Softies type dolls now - check out her blog here
In this last pic, I have plonked a piece of tibetan lambswool skin on each dolls head. I purchased the hair from Fabric Addictions in Western Australia. It is fantastic hair, and a good sized piece, particularly as these dolls have big heads!
Of course, they can't look like this, the hair needs to be shaped to the skull and attached properly - but I like this type of wild haired look.
To finish the dolls, I would like to knit a cardigan or vest for each doll to complete the look, but I actually don't have any wool because I gave it away to charity! So it looks like it will be some time yet before these girls are finished.