Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Now I have something to show you!

I started with a foil skull and neck
 Rolled out the paperclay and smoothed it over




I have not worried about the back of the head, but you should sculpt a nice shaped  head to get a more realistic shape!

        I love chopsticks - I use them for necks, for stuffing, for armatures. 
Here I have used them for shaping and the size of the leg and arms. 
I have some 'vintage' wooden chopsticks - seriously 30 years old! -  I like them because they are very tapered at the tip.

  I have made cupped palms for the hands

Adding clay

I use may hairdryer to speed up the drying



 Adding fingers




Adding clay to the face.  The head has already been baking for a few hours prior to this. 
 It is a much better way to add features.  Things stay put.

Baking, baking, baking for hours and hours and hours

My dolly is coming together







Here she is!
What do you think?

5 comments:

Dawn in the Forest said...

She's looks wonderful, can't wait to see her finished:)

Sparklyjools said...

This is a great post Sandy. She's gorgeous (as usual) I can't wait to see how you costume her. Thanks so much for sharing your technique. Thanks for the tip abput chopsticks too!x

Unknown said...

I think your dolly is great! More, more!

Unknown said...

She is beautiful I want to make one.
Must talk to youabout the classes

Sandy Pine said...

Thank you for all your kind comments and encouragement. The plan is to make a lot more of these types of dolls...