Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

I made a doll!

Last Sunday we had a doll club meeting.  The theme was the Fortune Teller Doll.   I had put my hand up to do some fun fortune telling.  I have Tarot cards and books, I also have Runes and Cat Wisdom cards.  And I read a book many years ago that anyone can do tea leaf reading if they just use their natural intuition.  So how hard could it be to tell some fortunes?  Well it would help to have a Fortune Teller doll.   Now you may not have heard of the Fortune Teller Doll, but they were very popular in Victorian times as a Parlour Game.  The doll has a skirt made of paper fortunes.  A picture is worth a thousand words so here is a picture of my Fortune Teller doll......

The meeting was a hoot!  I kind of dressed the part - but avoided the camera.  Olive dressed up and looked perfect as our Tea leaf reader and so she took to it like a duck to water!  You can see Olive on the far left looking at the show and tell.

Everyone got very excited when this little witch on on her broom appeared in the cup!  Not sure why the witch appeared, but there must have been a little magic happening that day.
Some more pictures of fortune dolls........






No comments: