Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Oh, I did a bad thing


I am one of those people who has to unpick 20 rows of knitting if I make a mistake.  I need to do over something if I know an error is there.
So in my determination to fix this face I did a bad thing.....
You see it became obvious to me, the glue had lost its tackiness and when I attached the knit overlay, there were spots of loose fabric.  I had painted the face and already sewn the head to the doll body - twice- but could not stand knowing that the loose fabric was there.  It would create a wrinkle on the face if gently touched.  So I removed the head, pulled out the knit from under the neck and started to prise the fabric from the paperclay mask.  Well, you guessed it ................I tore a hole in the chin.  I was just getting to the loose bit and bang  BIG HOLE.  So the face is ruined. 

LUCKY  I had another head ready for the next doll.  And I can salvage the mask and just glue and paint another face.  They say every cloud has a silver lining, so it is not that bad, but it really was bad, because each face when painted is a little different.  Lets see who I can come up with for the next face.

No comments: