Pages

Monday, August 13, 2007

South Australian Doll & Bear Show



Well I did my best........I was given information at very short notice we (the cloth doll club) could have a free space at what I consider the best show for dolls, bears and collectors in Adelaide. As you can see it was only one trestle table and fortunatley many of my dollmaking friends supplied their favourite dolls. There is a very special dinner with an auction that raises funds for a childrens' charity which is such a good night, music, three course dinner, dancing and of course the auction which is so much fun I always come home with lovely teddy bears.
I will post a pic later.


Naturally, there is a competiton as well for dolls and bears. I decided to enter a doll which had been patiently waiting in my studio for clothing for 12 months. She just came together when I decided to enter the comp and as you can see she won best original doll and best original in the show! She is sculpted from air dry clay with an armatured body. Her little marionette is wood. I am very pleased. I even won some money ($100) - which I promptly spent at the show. It was a good weekend and such a great opportunity to showcase what can be done with cloth to make character dolls.

No comments: