Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Surprise Surprise Surprise

Well, quite a while back I started working on a doll for a challenge in our doll club.

see On My Table

Well I made this!!

She is meant to be steampunk, but I had a lot of trouble finding steampunky things, so she is just a bit turn of the century.
And it seems I finished the Barbara Willis fairy................

The doll face on this fairy is a circle of stretch cotton fabric, needle sculpted nose and mouth with tiny black beads for the pupils.  This is a very tricky technique, it is very easy to make an ugly kind of big nosed crosseyed face.  But I think I managed a pretty face.  I prefer pretty.  A lot of people like the ugly, unusual, quirky looking faces..............but I do pretty.......










And finally, my doll with the knitted outfit, that I have not seen for 2 years.  She has been travelling around town with some other dolls showing her style to select groups.  I have to say, she has been very well looked after.  As have my other dolls.  Thankyou Christine for looking after my girls so well.



No comments: