Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

This is my Frankenstein doll....

There is no other way to say it.  She has a reject body without arms or head.
Not the clearest image, but you get the idea.  So the idea is I am making a doll for the Craft show here in Adelaide next week.  Now the theme is Musicals, which I assume is like 7 brides for 7 brothers or the Phantom of the Opera?  So I decided Baz Leurhman's Moulin Rouge would be an appropriate choice.  So then I had to find a doll idea.  Well there was a costume called Pink Campagne which was beaded and all ostrich feathers - perfect for a doll. 

So I have this reject body, which needs a head and arms.  But I am too lazy to make new arms, I knew I had some arms somewhere, hopefully they will be to scale........................
Then there is the head.  This is for the Cloth Doll Association, so she has to be cloth, so I decided to make a head.  A Barbara Willis style head would be good, all sculpted and cloth..................Well.............. you always should make more than
one head......................

Well, I thought I did a great job of  sculpting the head.
I even managed to add eylash wool for eyelashes.
But.................... the eyes were too small, and so was the head for the body.  So I had to make another head!!
But like Goldilocks, this one was too big and did not look very good.  My thing is mask faces, so of course I will have to find a mask face to make a whole new head!
And you know I did have a rather nice face that I could use, and I did find those arms, and I still have to make shoes, which I think will have to be sculpted from paperclay, because the Frankenstein feet are so out of shape..........................
Stay tuned to see the next episode of the Frankenstein doll alias - Pink Campagne!

3 comments:

Stitch1Peta said...

Very Pink I am sure she'll look great

Sue said...

Love Pink Champagne! Can't wait to see the next installment!

Anonymous said...

You have just taught me a lesson - I need to go back and finish some on my past dolls. She's not even finished and looks great! By the way glad to see you back to doll making!

LinkWithin



Related Posts with Thumbnailswww.etsy.com/shop/LittleMeHandmade?ref=hdr_shop_menu